Enrolment for non-EU students with residence abroad and foreign diploma
DEADLINES FOR PRE-ENROLLMENT OF NON-EU STUDENTS LIVING ABROAD
|15th July 2022||Deadline to pre-enroll on the website http://www.universitaly.it
for a bachelor/ master degree course or for single subjects taught in the 1^st semester
|31st August 2022||Deadline to upload missing documents on http://www.universitaly.it|
|From 1st August until 15th October 2022||Requests to change pre-enrollment from another University|
|15th December 2022||Deadline to pre-enroll on the website http://www.universitaly.it
for single subjects taught in the 2^nd semester
Before coming to Italy
If you are a non-EU student with residence abroad and a foreign diploma and you want to enroll at the University of Genoa, please pursue the following steps:
- Submit your pre-enrollment on the Universitaly website within 15^th July 2022, choosing the University of Genoa and the course you want to apply for.
- If the University of Genoa accepts your application, contact the Italian Embassy or Consulate that you indicated in the pre-enrollment for the issue of study visa.
- Refer to the Italian Embassy or Consulate for Italian translation and legalization of your diploma and for the issue of Declaration of Value.
- If you would like to enroll in a master degree course taught in English, from 23rd February until 31st May 2022 you have to apply for pre-assessment at apply.unige.eu Applications will be accepted until 31st may 2022 or until reaching 10,000 requests.
- As soon as you receive user name and password from the International Students Office, or within the deadlines indicated for restricted access courses, complete the pre-enrollment on UNIGE website: https://servizionline.unige.it/studenti/iscriversialluniversita
- DO NOT create autonomously user name and password. PLEASE wait to receive them by email from SASS office.
- Watch the SLIDES which explains you how to pre-enroll and read carefully the SUMMARY of the application process
For further information please check the MUR website
If you choose a course with admission test and limited access
If you apply for a course among Medicine and Surgery, School of Dental Medicine or Sciences of Architecture, you must also register for the admission test on the con Universitaly website.
Once you arrive in Italy
Once you arrive in Italy you have to go to the University’s International Students Office (SASS), where you will hand over all the paperwork related to your diploma in order to complete your enrolment. If you have applied for a degree course with admission and limited access, you have to pay the admission test fee first. For further information, please contact the International Students Office (SASS).
Documents you have to submit
In order for you to enroll in the University of Genoa you have to submit the following documents:
- your diploma, in the original or in a certified copy, already legalised by the Embassy or by the Consulate
- the Italian translation of your diploma issued by the Embassy or the Consulate OR translated by an official translator and then certified by the Embassy or the Consulate or approved by the Italian Court. The Italian translation is not necessary if the document is issued in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese
- the Declaration of Value of your diploma, issued by the Embassy or the Consulate
- any certificate attesting your successful completion of the admission test – if any – required by the university of your country.
If you have obtained a diploma after less than 12 years of school:
- an academic certificate attesting the successful completion of the exams scheduled for the 1st year or for the first two years of your degree study programme
- an official Italian or foreign post-secondary diploma obtained in a higher education institution – universities excluded - subjects
- any certificate issued by an Italian University attesting the successful completion of foundation courses.
These documents should attest the attendance to courses during at least one or two years, according to whether your country has a 10-year or an 11-year education system.
If you want to apply for a master’s degree course, besides your bachelor’s degree, you also have to submit:
- the original certificate attesting all the teaching units you have attended and all the exams you have passed approved by the Embassy or the Consulate
- the course contents and the study programmes of the teaching units included in your degree course duly certified by the University
- an Italian official translation of the certificate as well as of the single units’ study programmes, unless they are issued in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
If you choose to apply for a single teaching unit
You have to pre-enroll at the Italian Embassy or Consulate where you will also have to submit your grade transcript, or your diploma, or any other document issued by your Faculty for its translation, legalization and issue of the declaration of value.
Every year each degree course reserves some places for non-EU students with residence abroad.
Click the following link.
Italian language test
If you obtained your high school diploma abroad you must take the Italian language test, except if you choose a course entirely taught in English.
For further information, please visit the Italian Language Test.
Students who obtain an Italian degree can ask for the accreditation status of their academic qualification at CIMEA (Information Centre on Academic Mobility and Equivalence).
If you need help to find accommodation, to obtain the residence permit as well as the Italian fiscal code, or if you need information about healthcare, bus passes or university canteens, or about how to open a new bank account, please contact SASS.
For further information about entry visas, stay permits and the enrolment for foreign students in a degree course of higher education for the a.y. 2022-2023, visit MUR