School of Italian Language and Culture for International Students (SLICIS)
The project “School of Italian Language and Culture for International Students” (SLICIS) promotes the integration of International students in the University activities and in the Italian social life.
Italian language and culture teaching activities are directed to:
- Students holding an International qualification enrolled in bachelor, master or PhD courses
- International students who attend our University in the framework of a mobility programme
Italian language test
The test is compulsory for all the students holding a foreign qualification who enroll at the University of Genoa, except for students who enroll in courses entirely taught in English language.
- Students who provide an Italian language certificate attesting at least B2 level (B1 for Marco Polo students) issued by one of the following institutions: Università per Stranieri di Perugia, Università per Stranieri di Siena, Università Roma Tre, Società “Dante Alighieri”, Università per Stranieri “Dante Alighieri di Reggio Calabria, also in cooperation witht the Italian Institutes of Culture abroad, are exempted from the Italian language test.
- Certificates will be accepted only if obtained BEFORE the test and provided by the date of the test
- Certificates are accepted only for students who enrolled for the first time starting from a.y. 2020/21
Italian language courses
- Students divided into the different classes of Italian language a.y. 2020-21
- Schedule of Italian language classes a.y. 2020-21
Italian literature and culture
SLICIS offers further studies in Italian language, literature and culture. International students can include in their course study programme the teaching unit Letteratura e cultura italiana per stranieri con elementi di lingua. Classes will take place during the entire academic year at the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature.