Italian language courses for International Students
The project “Italian language courses for International Students” promotes the integration of International students in the University activities and in the Italian social life.
Italian language and culture teaching activities are directed to:
- Students holding an International qualification enrolled in bachelor, master or PhD courses
- International students who attend our University in the framework of a mobility programme (such as Erasmus+ or CINDA)
International students coming under a mobility programme can find information on this page
Students with International qualification enrolled in courses taught in English or in PhD courses can find information on this page:
Students enrolled in bachelor or master degree courses taught in Italian language must sit for an Italian language test
Italian language test
- Students enrolled in courses taught in English are exempted from the test
- Students who do not pass the test will be assigned a pending subject and they will have to attend free-of-charge Italian language courses organized by the University of Genova to reach the requested level of Italian language; courses are reserved to students enrolled in the first year, not in following years and are reserved to students who have not passed the test in the autumn sessions. No Italian language classes are scheduled for students who do not pass the test in the following sessions.
- Students who can provide an Italian language certificate attesting at least B2 level (B1 for Marco Polo students) obtained from January 2020 on are exempted from the Italian language test. The University of Genova only accepts the certificates issued by Università per Stranieri di Perugia, Università per Stranieri di Siena, Università Roma Tre, Società “Dante Alighieri”, Università per Stranieri “Dante Alighieri di Reggio Calabria, also in cooperation with the Italian Institutes of Culture abroad.
Students who hold one of these certificates have to send them to SASS office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than:
- 10th August 2022: for students who will sit for the test on 2nd September 2022
- 10th September 2022: for students who will sit for the test on 23rd September 2022
- 10th October 2022: for students who will sit for the test on 28th October 2022
- 10th November 2022: for students who will sit for the test on 25th November 2022
Certificates are accepted only for students who enrolled for the first time starting from a.y. 2020/21
Students enrolled for the first time in a.y. 2020/21 or 2021/22, who have obtained one of the abovementioned certificates, have to send it to the International Students Office (email@example.com) no later than 10th October 2022 if they sit for the test on 14th October.
Italian language courses
Italian literature and culture
The project “Italian language courses for International Students” offers further studies in Italian language, literature and culture. International students can include in their course study programme the teaching unit Letteratura e cultura italiana per stranieri con elementi di lingua. Classes will take place at the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature of the Humanities School.