Italian language courses for International Students
The project “Italian language courses for International Students” promotes the integration of International students in the University activities and in the Italian social life.
Italian language and culture teaching activities are directed to:
- Students holding an International qualification enrolled in bachelor, master or PhD courses
- International students who attend our University in the framework of a mobility programme (such as Erasmus+ or CINDA)
International students coming under a mobility programme can find information on this page
Students with International qualification enrolled in courses taught in English or in PhD courses can find information on this page:
Students enrolled in bachelor or master degree courses taught in Italian language must sit for an Italian language test
Italian language test
- Students enrolled in courses taught in English are exempted from the test
- Students who do not pass the test will be assigned a pending subject and they will have to attend free-of-charge Italian language courses organized by the University of Genova to reach the requested level of Italian language; courses are reserved to students enrolled in the first year, not in following years.
- Students who can provide an Italian language certificate attesting at least B2 level (B1 for Marco Polo students) issued by one of the following institutions: Università per Stranieri di Perugia, Università per Stranieri di Siena, Università Roma Tre, Società “Dante Alighieri”, Università per Stranieri “Dante Alighieri di Reggio Calabria, also in cooperation with the Italian Institutes of Culture abroad, are exempted from the Italian language test.
These students have to send their certificates to SASS office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than:
- 23rd August 2021: for students who will sit for the test on 1st September 2021
- 13th September 2021: for students who will sit for the test on 24th September 2021-
- 15th October 2021: for students who will sit for the test on 29th October 2021
- 15th November 2021: for students who will sit for the test on 26th November 2021
Certificates are accepted only for students who enrolled for the first time starting from a.y. 2020/21
Italian language courses
Classes of the Italian language courses can be either face-to-face and/oronline.
Courses start between October and November and finish between February and June of the following year.
Students who enroll after 1st December can attend online Italian language courses in self-learning (without a teacher). To apply for these courses they have to send an email to email@example.com
- Students divided into the different classes of Italian language a.y. 2021-22 (updating)
- Schedule of Italian language classes a.y. 2021-22 (updating)
Italian literature and culture
The project “Italian language courses for International Students” offers further studies in Italian language, literature and culture. International students can include in their course study programme the teaching unit Letteratura e cultura italiana per stranieri con elementi di lingua. Classes will take place at the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature of the Humanities School.