The University of Genoa promotes traineeship and study exchanges abroad, in order to encourage cultural exchanges and international collaborations.
You have the opportunity of doing a curricular or extra-curricular traineeship abroad. Your professional experience will be enriched by other cultures, languages and lifestyles, thanks to which you may also broaden your network of contacts.
Your traineeship may be financially supported by scholarships. The University of Genoa takes part in the following programmes:
- LLP Erasmus Placement is an EU programme under the Lifelong Learning Programme. You can apply for a traineeship in one of the European country involved in this programme. You can work for a company or for a training and resource centre.
- Vulcanus in Giappone is a programme managed by the EU-Japan Centre for industrial cooperation. Are you a student in technical-scientific subjects? You have the opportunity to undertake a traineeship in a Japanese company.
- Porta la laurea in azienda is a project funded by the University of Genoa reserved to graduates only. Find an European company where you wish to undertake your traineeship and contact the University to know how you can apply for a scholarship.
Visit the following links to find out more about EU traineeships:
- EU – Europa – Traineeship for linguists, students and graduates
- Agenzia Nazionale per i Giovani
Do NOT forget to:
- contact the university staff member responsible for traineeships and ask for the forms you need to fill out.
- make sure your health insurance is valid in the country you choose as a destination. You can find further information (e.g. safety and security information) at www.viaggiaresicuri.it. If you choose to travel to a non-EU country, it is advisable to take out an additional insurance policy.
For further information visit Manuale dello Stage in Europa (“EU Traineeship Handbook” by Isfol).