PhD programmes are postgraduate courses with a duration of at least three years, which can be joined by passing an entry examination. Typically, a sizeable number of scholarships are provided.
In some cases, PhD programmes allot specific places to non-EU citizens living abroad. The University of Genoa can also offer PhD programmes independently or in a partnership with other Universities.
- Information about application requirements, admission procedures and deadlines can be found in the notice of competition and its Annex A (see below), where you can read all the information, including the list of all PhD programmes, places availability, number of scholarships for each programme, dates, types and assessment test.
Year 2021 Ph.D. Programmes
Programma Operativo Nazionale 2014-2020 – Dottorati di ricerca su tematiche dell’innovazione e green – D.M. 10 agosto 2021, n. 1061 (PON Ricerca e Innovazione 2014-2020 “Istruzione e ricerca per il recupero – REACT-EU” - Asse IV - Azione IV.4 “Dottorati e contratti di ricerca su tematiche dell’innovazione” e Azione IV.5 “Dottorati su tematiche green”)
Con Decreto Ministeriale 10 agosto 2021, n. 1061, sono state assegnate nuove risorse FSE REACT-EU per percorsi di dottorato di ricerca attivi e accreditati nell’ambito del XXXVII ciclo e per programmi di dottorato nazionale.
JOIN A DOCTORAL PROGRAMME AT THE UNIVERSITY OF GENOA IN FIVE QUICK STEPS
Deadline: November, 11th, 2021 at 12 noon (CET)
Step 1. Choose your Ph.D. programme
- Check all the Doctoral Programmes offered by the University of Genoa.
- Check all the Doctoral Programmes in English offered by the University of Genoa
Step 2. Review application requirements and deadlines
- Read carefully the notice of competition for open PhD positions issued with DR 4958 dated 25.10.2021 amended with DR 5055 dated 28.10.2021 and DR 5151 dated 4.11.2021
- Review the list of PhD programmes (previously referred to as Annex A)
Step 3. Apply for the position
- See the detailed instructions for submitting your PhD application.
- Collect all your documents. Please refer to the Art. 3 in the notice of competition for the complete list of required documents. Please note that the following are mandatory for all the courses:
- a valid copy of your ID
- a copy of your Degree
- your curriculum vitæ et studiorum
- Register as a prospective-student of the University of Genoa, via the UnigePass service.
Date, time and place of publication of the lists of candidates admitted to the interview
Step 4. Find out if you have passed the selection
According to specifications of each programme (see Annex A), you may find in one of the following situations:
- Candidates are ranked on the basis of their qualifications and publications. In this case, at the end of the evaluation process, a list of selected candidates will be published below.
- Candidates are ranked on the basis of their qualifications, publications, and interview. In this case:
- A preliminary selection is done, based on qualifications/publications, and the lists of candidates admitted to the interview will be posted online.
Updated final lists 21.12.2021
Updated final lists 28.12.2021
Step 5. Enroll (after selection)
INFORMATION FOR NON EU STUDENTS To apply for an entry visa for study purposes, you have to pre-enrol online via the Universitaly portal.
The pre-enrolment application will be verified by the University of Genova and forwarded to the Embassy/Consulate you have specified.
- Important deadlines during your PhD (go to ‘Dottorato di Ricerca’ at the bottom of the page)
- Regulations relating to the increase in scholarship during stays abroad for study reasons
- Cotutelle agreement
- Application for the final PhD exam
- How to get your PhD diploma Diplomas cannot be collected from 24.12.2021 to 10.01.2022
- How to obtain certificates related to your PhD
- A useful guide to common terms in academia
Should you need to do one of the following, please find below the relevant form:
- Request of certificates related to your PhD
- Request of an embargo period of the PhD thesis
- Referral to the following cycle (when applicable)
- Forfeit of PhD grant
- Withdrawal from the PhD course
- Declaration in lieu of affidavit (self-declaration, under your own legal responsibility, stating that you actually have a University Ms. degree)
Regulations for PhD students set by the University of Genoa are listed in ‘Disciplina area della didattica’:
- See Ph.D. courses regulations (available soon)
For any information about applications and doctoral studies, please refer to:
PhD Office (‘Settore dottorato di ricerca’)
Address: via Vivaldi 5, 16126 Genova GE, Italy
Phone: +39 010 209 5795 monday and friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Hours: (local time CET, GMT +1) on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday e Friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM – on Tuesday from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Opening hours Tuesday - from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM in person only by appointment
Wednesday - from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM in remoto (sportello virtuale) only by appointment
Thursday - from 9.30:00 AM to 11:30 AM in person only by appointment
Previous PhD cycles
See past announcements, deadlines and other information for previous cycles of the Italian PhD programme.