On the occasion of the anthological exhibition dedicated to the great Dutch genius Maurits Cornelis Escher (Palazzo Ducale, until 20 February 2022), the University of Genoa proposes a series of conferences curated by Giuseppe Rosolini, Professor of Mathematical Logic, with Fondazione Palazzo Ducale, in collaboration with the Department of Mathematics.
- 11 October - Federico Giudiceandrea "Escher seen up close. The man and the artist in the story of a passionate collector".
- 18 October - Michele Emmer "Escher's Friends. Donald Coxeter, Roger Penrose and..."
- 25 October - Claudio Bartocci "The Geometric Enigmas of M. C. Escher".
- 3 November - Giuseppe Palumbo "Escape from patterns: visions outside the box".
- 10 November - Peter Stevenhagen "Escher and the Droste effect".
All meetings take place at 18:00 in the Sala del Maggior Consiglio of Palazzo Ducale, in p.zza Matteotti in Genoa.
To participate in the event is required the Green Certification Covid19.
(photo credits: Palazzo Ducale, Genova)