The course offers a description of an organization and its functioning, finalized to put in evidence the role of decision as basic element of both individual behaviour and group dynamic.
Contents will consider three level (individual, group and organization)and focus on the following topics
- Human behaviour inside an organization as decision process: role and identity, perceptions, knowledge, motivations
- Groups and group dynamics, group decision.
- Power and leadership
- Organizational structures and culture
- Organizational change as process and decision process
The course aims at helping students to understand and interpret the companies’ behaviours and strategies with reference to their surrounding environment. The specific focus is on competitive/collaborative relationships among companies and their stakeholders. Some modelling paradigms are presented, along with case studies.
- main goals of a business
- companies as complex social systems
- creating shared value and Porter's Value Chain
- mission, vision and strategy
- the company and the environment (general and competitive environment; Porter's five forces analysis)
- internal environment of companies (resources, competences)
- business and corporate strategies
- competitive strategies (cost leadership, differentiation, focus) and the competitive advantage
- innovation and exploration vs exploitation strategies
- business functions
- business processes
- modelling and simulating an enterprise (overview of different paradigms)
- agent based models for strategic management simulation and modelling
- examples and case studies
Ricevimento: Su appuntamento, via Teams, previo contatto email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ricevimento: Ricevimento per l'a.a. 2020-21 Il ricevimento si tiene in forma online, previo appuntamento da prendersi via mail, tendenzialmente il venerdì a partire dalle 11.30.
Orari delle lezioni
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.