PROCESSING AND TRANSMISSION OF SIGNALS AND IMAGES
The class aims at giving the students an overview of the theory and applications of digital signal processing, digital systems and applications.
The class aims at giving the students the knowledge about digital signal processing and digital systems both in the time and frequency domains, digital filters and applications of the theory applied to processing, compression and
transmission of audio signals, still images and video sequences.
- Discrete-Time Signals and Systems
- The Z-Transform
- Sampling of Continuous-Time Sgnals
- Transform Analysis of Linear Time-Invariant Systems
- Filter Design Techniques
- Structures for Discrete-Time Systems
- The Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT )and its computatione (FFT)
- Fourier Analysis of Signals using the DFT
Course Notes provided by the Teachers.
- A. V. Oppenheim, R. W. Schafer, Elaborazione Numerica dei Segnali, Franco Angeli, 1996.
- A.V. Oppenheim, R.W. Shafer, J.R. Buck, discrete-Time Signal Processing, secon edition, Prentice Hall, 1999
- J. G. Proakis, C.M.Rader, F. Ling, C. L. Nikias, et alii, Algorithms for Statistical Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2002.
- M. Bellanger, Digital Processing of Signals, Third Ed. John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
- R. C. Gonzalez, R. E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Second edition, Prentice Hall, NJ, 2002.
Ricevimento: By appointment. Please contact the Lecturer via email at: andrea_dot_sciarrone_at_unige_dot_it or via phone: 010 3532803
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.