Cognitive learning of the main ophtalmologic, otolaryngological and dental diseases. The student is expected to be able to recognize the physiopathological basis, the morphologic alteration and the clinical signs of the main diseases and their complications. Moreover, the student will have to be able to determine an evaluation and the prognosis.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
Aim of the course is the clinical framing of ENT pathologies, with specific attention on differential diagnosis, diagnostic autonomy, and knowledge of the various therapeutic options.
- Anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Inflammatory diseases of the ear
- Anatomy and physiology of the nose-sinus cavity
- Nose-sinus inflammatory disease
- Neoplastic diseases of the nose-sinus cavity
- Upper respiratory tract inflammation and abscesses
- ENT emergencies (epistaxis, nasal fractures, abscesses,foreign bodies, etc)
- Anatomy and physiology of the larynx
- Benign neoplasms of the larynx
- Laryngeal carcinomas
- Differential diagnosis of cervical lateral swelling
- Head and neck oncologic reconstruction
- Clinical cases
Anniko M. et Al- Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, European Manual of Medicine. Springer
Rossi G.- Compendio di Otorinolaringoiatria. Edizioni Minerva Medica
Office hours: By appointment. write an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MICHELE IESTER (President)
FRANK RIKKI MAURITZ CANEVARI
CARLO ALBERTO CUTOLO
CARLO TRAVERSO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral examination allows to assess the degree of preparation of the students, the correctness of the vocabulary with special reference to technical jargon as well. Students have to demonstrate the ability to actively apply the knowledge acquired during the course through reasoning and synthesis.