#DIMA (MATHEMATICAL DISSEMINATION)
Communication is a strategic part of the organizations in our social system. It identifies them, it legitimizes them, it allows them to pursue the goals of any system: to survive, to protect themselves, to get resources, to expand. The lecture course offers theoretical and practical tools of communication to promote the results in one own's field of work, to reach outside the borders of one own's specialization, to share one own's competencies.
The course intends to develop competencies in the communication and the dissemination of mathematics, with particular respect to the planning of activities, meetings, and events, for different types of audiences: the specialists, the general public, the students.
Today communication is a strategic part of the organizations in our social system. The lecture course offers theoretical and practical tools of communication to promote the results in one own's field of work, to reach outside the borders of one own's specialization, to share one own's competencies. To succeed in this can be a source of major personal growth. To acquire fluency in the techniques of public science communication and mathematics communication is also fundamental for the teacher.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course's goals are
- to present the theoretical tools of the discipline and the main congnitive processes in communication;
- to present the best practices in the communication of mathematics in Italy and in Europe;
- to prepare students to hold lectures which are entertaining and interactive;
- to improve the students' oratorical abilities through communication and theatrical activities;
- to introduce the world of communication and disseminatio of the mathematics and the sciences by meetings with colleagues and guests.
- Public Engagement and cultural events in Italy and Europe
- Communication processes and cognitive biases
- Communications techniques in mathematics
- Planni exhibitions, laboratories, lectures
- Rules and tools for a good communication
- Theatre techniques for the communication of mathematics
- Making the public aware of mathematics: techniques, strategies, tricks
- Handling complexity, tools to interact with the audience
- Communication at the time of post-truth
Ricevimento: by appointment
GIUSEPPE ROSOLINI (President)
EMANUELA DE NEGRI (President Substitute)
The exam consists of a presentation a la FameLab and a discussion about the used techniques and topics. The final grade denotes how the presentation and the discussion complement each other.
The exam shall evaluate the actual acquisition of the communication techniques and is meant to check the achieved fluency level.