COMPLEMENTS OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- Advanced stereochemistry concepts: a) symmetry properties of organic molecules: symmetry elements and point groups; b) conformations of acyclic and cyclic molecules; c) chirality of molecules without stereogenic centers (allenes, biphenyls, etc.); d) prostereoisomerism
- Methods for the experimental determination of the enantiomeric excess
- Enantio- and diastereoselective reactions [stoichiometric reactions, catalytic reactions (organometal catalysis and organocatalysis), use of chiral auxiliaries]
- Examples of enantio- and diastereoselective reactions: reductions of C=C and C=O bonds, C-C and C=C bond forming reactions, oxidations etc. In particular catalytic reaction will be deeper investigated
- Claisen rearrangement
- [4+2] Cycloadditions: the Diels-Alder reaction
Ricevimento: I'm available every day of the week. Please, contact me before by e-mail for an appointment. If necessary appointments will be on-line through an appropriate platform.
RENATA RIVA (President)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
The exam consists of an oral test on the topics covered in class. Furthermore, the student is required to discuss, with the help of a short presentation prepared by him, 1-2 very recent scientific papers on topics consistent with the program, previously assigned to him by the teacher. The CCS guarantees the correspondence between the exam topics and those actually carried out during the course. To this end, the CCS makes public (on a site called Aulaweb reserved for University teachers and students) the detailed program and the register of lessons so that students themselves can verify compliance with this rule.
The exam, exclusively in oral form, is always conducted by two tenured teachers and lasts at least 30 minutes. In this way, the commission is able to verify with high accuracy the achievement of the learning outcomes of the course. When these are not achieved, the student is invited to deepen the study and to take advantage of further explanations by the teacher.