AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
Mathematical foundations of Analytical Mechanics. Dynamics of constrained system, with applications to the study of the hydrostatic and hydrodynamic effects on a rigid body moving in a surrounding fluid.
- Geometry of constrained systems. Positional and kinetic constraints; holonomic systems. Configuration space-time, velocity space. Constitutive characterization of the reactive forces. Ideal constraints.
- Lagrange equations. Cauchy problem and mechanical determinism. Ordinary and generalized potentials. First integrals. Relative Mechanics, apparent forces. Generalized velocities.
- Equilibrium of holonomic systems. Stability and pseudo-stability. Small oscillations
- Immersed rigid body dynamics. Tait-Bryan angles, Kirchhoff equations. Pseudo-stability of the equilibrium configuration and small motions of a floating body in calm water. Hydrodynamic pressure; added mass coefficients.
- Lecture notes by the teacher;
- Goldstein H., Pool C., Safko J. "Meccanica Classica". Zanichelli (2005);
- Lewandowski E.M. “The dynamics of marine craft”;
- Newman J.N. ”Marine hydrodynamics”
Ricevimento: By appointment, contacting the teacher at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
PATRIZIA BAGNERINI (President)
According to the academic schedule
Check of a reasonable acquaintance with the subject, possibly, through the solution of simple practical problems.