ENVIRONMENT AND WORK SECURITY AND INTERDISCIPLINAR SKILL
The fundamental problems concerning safety and health in the workplace, together with the environmental aspects, are treated here with particular attention to the legal provisions and regulations in force, providing students with practical examples - applications.
Those skills promote the personal and professional development and therefore facilitate the insertion in the current job market.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The aim is to provide the essential elements relating to business management with particular focus on environment, safety and health, and social responsibility.
Specifically, the objective of the part relating to "Soft skills" is to promote a greater competence in students with respect to the identification and acquisition of those skills and competences which, combined with the disciplinary contents, influence personal and professional paths and allow the definition of strategies useful for an appropriate inclusion in the job market
Lectures with ppt presentation.
The "Environment and Work safety" module of the total duration of N. 30 hours was developed in two parts, respectively dedicated to labour law (No. 4 hours) and to workplace safety (No. 26 hours).
Through the commentary and discussion in the classroom, an overview of the current legislative and regulatory framework on safety and health in the workplace has been provided to the student, together with the fundamental notions of labour law, with Particular attention to the most recent regulatory changes in this field.
In particular, the part dedicated to security, interpreting the philosophies and addresses, proposed by D. Lgs 09 Aprile 2008, N. 81,, wanted to highlight the basic concepts to be able to face a correct assessment and analysis of the risks that, more easily, Can be found in the workplace.
As regards the "Soft Skills" part, the aim is focusing on the competences which are necessary requirements for personal and professional development.
In particular, verbal and non-verbal communication skills and the fundamental characteristics of interpersonal relationships and group work are explored - for the purpose of enhancing skills related to their management.
Safety in the workplace
The course deals with the following arguments:
• Legal references on the concepts of accident at work, disability and occupational disease, civil and criminal liability.
• Legislation, in the field of safety and health in the workplace, prior to Dlgs 81/08.
• The D. Lgs 81/08:
• The scope and definitions.
• Obligations of the legal figures.
• The head of the Prevention and Protection Service.
• The representative for the safety of workers.
• The competent physician.
• Emergency personnel and first aid measures.
• Training and information.
• The concepts of danger and risk: assessment and analysis of risks. Example of Evaluation methodology
• Occupational Accident Statistics: Interpretation of data, accident Register, insurance protection. Supervisory and control bodies
• Notes to the main risks in the workplace: The electrical risk, the DM 37/2008, the fire hazard, the risk from chemical agents, the risk from noise and vibrations, the risk of manual handling of loads, the risk of use of the VDUs.
• Concepts of collective and individual protection: personal Protective Equipment
• The safety signs.
• D. Lgs 231/2001 as recalled by D. LGs 81/08
• The safety management systems and the OHSAS 18001 standard
• Criteria for drafting an SGS security management system
• INAIL/UNI/ISPESL guidelines
• Criteria for drafting an SGSA fire safety management system
• Air and water pollution: causes, main pollutants, effects on humans and the environment. Provisions of standard and law
• D. Lgs 152/2006: scope, exclusions
• Waste management and classification.
• The hazard class and the CER catalogueParte di Diritto del lavoro
Labour law and social legislation
• The statute of workers
• The subordinate and autonomous employment relationship: differences and examples
• Employment Contracts
• Working time
• The reform of the labour market.
As for the part relating to "Soft skills", the program includes the following topics:
• The transversal competences: main typologies and their importance as a resource for a correct training and information on the workplace;
• The principles and techniques of communication. Verbal and non-verbal communication;
• The relationships between employer and legal roles;
• Team work: dynamics of functioning, leadership;
- Management styles, communication networks, decision-making processes;
• Job related stress
Lecture notes issued by teachers.
Texts of laws and technical standards.
Additional materials are provided during the course
Ricevimento: To have an appointment with the teacher you have to sent an e-mail at: Anna.Zunino@unige.it The teacher receives students at the DISFOR (IV floor, room 4A6)
ROBERTO ZANARDI (President)
ANNA ZUNINO (President Substitute)
Lectures with ppt presentation.
As per didactic calendar