AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The student, once acquired the knowledge of the core curriculum, will be able to:
- recognize all the diseases of the digestive system that can give manifestations to the oral cavity;
- being able to assess the influence of the main environmental factors on the functionality of the organs constituting the digestive system;
- to recognize the clinical relevance of a patient with functional disorder with respect to digestive pathology on an organic basis by formulating a correct differential diagnosis;
- develop a correct diagnostic and therapeutic pathway in gastroesophageal reflux disease and peptic pathology;
- recognize the possible causes of esophageal dysmotility, a correct diagnostic and therapeutic pathway for the patient suffering from this alteration;
- have knowledge of the biohumoral and clinical alterations suggestive of the presence of acute and chronic liver diseases, knowing how to formulate a diagnostic path that identifies both the severity and the etiology in order to reach an adequate nosological framework;
- knowing how to identify the presence of malnutrition, formulating a differential diagnosis including the interpretation of the presence of malabsorption and maldigestion;
- being able to recognize the different causes of possible bleeding of the digestive tract, formulating a differential diagnosis and an initial clinical evaluation aimed at identifying and managing the clinical source of the rexi.
- know the main acute and chronic inflammatory bowel diseases, providing a correct diagnostic procedure aimed at their depistage, as well as having knowledge of the therapeutic hinges and of the adversaries of the therapies themselves;
- recommend the correct screening and surveillance procedure for colorectal cancer and hepatocellular carcinoma.
Ten frontal plenary lectures.
To know the demographic aspects of the main pathologies of the digestive system in Italy and in the EU, from the adolescent patient to the elderly patient, underlining the implications in the social and health field.
Knowing how to carry out, with reference to international guidelines, the specific methods of clinical approach in the history and physical examination in the gastroenterological patient.
Describe for the peculiar aspects and to address from a diagnostic, prognostic, therapeutic and surveillance point of view the most frequently occurring morbid conditions in gastrointestinal disorders, both functional and organic, as well as the main pathologies of the liver and biliary tract, and of the pancreas.
Understanding the impact of gastroenterological diseases on life expectancy and on the quality of life perceived by the patient.
Describe and illustrate lifestyles and the practical approach for the correct maintenance of the digestive system; how to implement a preventive strategy and how to critically evaluate the approach to new therapeutic modalities in gastroenterology such as immunosuppressive therapies, endoscopic alternatives to surgical treatments.
Know the problems related to alcohol abuse and the use of drugs that are harmful to the digestive system.
Understanding the interaction between mental disorders and the state of health of the digestive tract.
Describe and illustrate the multiple clinical manifestations of advanced chronic liver disease, identifying the main etiopathogenetic factors and knowing how to provide adequate work-up.
Communicate correctly with the patient suffering from complex pathology such as psychosomatic disorder, chronic intestinal inflammatory disease, advanced hepatopathy and oncologic disease. Possible bleeding of the digestive tract, formulating a differential diagnosis and an initial clinical evaluation aimed at the identification and clinical management of the source of the rexi.
Know the main acute and chronic inflammatory bowel diseases, providing a correct diagnostic procedure aimed at their depistage, as well as having knowledge of the therapeutic hinges and of the adversaries of the therapies themselves; recommend the correct screening and surveillance procedure for colorectal cancer and hepatocellular carcinoma.
Manuale di Gastroenterologia (Edizione 2019-2021) Editrice Gastroenterologica Italiana.
Office hours: From Monday to Friday, from 12am to 13pm.
PAOLO DURANDO (President)
GILBERTO FILACI (President)
PATRIZIA ZENTILIN (President)
ANNA LISA FURFARO
GIUSEPPE MURDACA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
Ten frontal plenary lectures.
Lessons are held in the second semester.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The exam is written (multiple choice questions).