NETWORK AND SIGNAL TECHNOLOGIES FOR INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENT AND INDUSTRY 4.0
The course is aimed at providing the student with basic knowledge on the topics of telecommunication networks and signal processing/analysis in industrial contexts and especially in the framework of Industry 4.0
After the course, the student will have learnt the basic principles both of telecommunication networks and cyber security and of analog and digital information representation and machine learning, in applications to industrial contexts and with special focus on Industry 4.0.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
After the course, the student will have learnt the basic principles of telecommunication networks, the main technologies and standards related to wired and wireless networks for industrial environments, the architectures and the protocols of Internet, and the basic aspects of cyber security. The student will also have learnt the basic concepts associated with information representation through analog and digital signals and with signal analysis through machine learning.
- Basic principles of telecommunication networks
- Main technologies and standards for wired and wireless networks in industrial environments
- Internet architecture and protocols
- Basic aspects of cyber security
- Basic principles of information representation through analog and digital signals
- Basic aspects of signal analysis through machine learning
- Case studies of machine learning applications in industrial contexts and Industry 4.0
- Slides used in class and made available on AulaWeb
- Bishop C., Pattern recognition and machine learning, Springer, 2006
- Carlson A. B., Crilly P., Communication systems, McGraw-Hill, 2009
- Chiani M., Verdone R., Fondamenti di telecomunicazioni per l’ingegneria gestionale, Pitagora, 2004
- Hastie T., Tibshirani R., and Friedman J., The elements of statistical learning, Springer, 2008
- Goodfellow I., Bengio Y., and Courville A., Deep learning, MIT Press, 2016
- Kurose J. F. and Ross K. W., Computer networking: a top-down approach, 7th Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2017
- Stallings W., Data and computer communications, 10th Edition, Prentice Hall, 2013
- Stallings W., Wireless communication networks and systems, Global Edition, Prentice Hall, 2016
- Tanenbaum A. S. and Wetherall D. J., Computer networks, 5th Edition, Prentice Hall, 2010
Ricevimento: By appointment
Ricevimento: Appointment upon students' requests (direct or by email).
GABRIELE MOSER (President)
RAFFAELE BOLLA (President Substitute)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
Within the oral examination, the student's knowledge of the course topics and his/her capability to discuss how to apply and use methodologies and technologies of telecommunication networks and signal representation/analysis in industrial contexts and in Industry 4.0 shall be evaluated.
|17/09/2021||10:00||SAVONA||Esame su appuntamento|