ELEMENTS OF MATHEMATIC
The aim of this course is to establish the essential mathematical foundations necessary for the language of science.
More specifically, this course presents the basic concepts and methods of linear algebra, geometry and calculus.
- Overview of elementary set theory.
- Brief introduction to vectors and analytic geometry in 2 and 3 dimensions.
- Overview of complex numbers and polynomials (divisibility and roots).
- Functions. Graphs of elementary functions. Function composition. Inverse functions.
- Concept of limit. Continuous functions.
- Concept of the derivative, and rules for finding the derivative. Higher derivatives and their geometrical interpretation. Real-valued functions and their graphs.
- Definite integrals and the area of planar regions. Brief introduction to differential equations. The indefinite integral of a function. Integrals of elementary functions.
- Matrices and their operations; determinants and matrix inverse.
- Linear systems; gaussian reduction. Overview of numerical stability.
- Overview of combinatorics.
Ricevimento: Reception hours: 13-14 on lesson days, prior to email confirmation.
ANNA MARIA BIGATTI (President)
ENRICO ALBERTO SIDERI
FABIO DI BENEDETTO
Written and oral exam
Detailed description on:
|06/07/2021||14:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|20/07/2021||14:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|14/09/2021||14:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|