ENGLISH FOR SPECIAL PURPOSES
The purpose of this course is to provide students with the linguistic skills necessary to express themselves in the world of Tourism and Business. The instructor will give the theoretical backround the students need to grasp the underpinnings of the work. This will be linked to a series of practical exercises to hone these skills.
By the end of the course, students will:
- have a command of the specific ways in which the Laguage of Tourisn and the Language of Business differ from standard English
- be able to interpret and create texts using the Language of Tourism and the Language of Business
The course requires students to carry out an in-depth study of the specificities of the Language of Tourism and the Language of Business in English
SUSAN MARIE CAMPBELL (President)
Group A-M: Wednesday 28 February 2018 at 1:00 pm
Group N-Z: Thursday 1 March 2018 at 11:00 am
* To promote class attendance, students are invited to attend either on Wednesdays or on Thursdays (or a combination of both, as suggested in the official course schedule) regardless of last name.
The final exam will consist of two parts: Tourism and Business. The part on tourism will be to write a brochure for a vacation that I choose or to write a response to a tourist's complaint. The part on Business will be to write an e-mail (according to the situation I give) in the relatively formal or relatively informal register.
Students will be evaluated on two criteria:
1) their ability to write using the strategies for the Language of Tourism and the Language of Business discussed in class, contained in the textbook and outlined on Aulaweb
2) Their ability to express themselves at an advanced level of English.
The final mark will be based (50%/50%) on the two writing tasks of the exam: one on Tourism and one on Business.
|11/09/2020||09:00||GENOVA||Orale||Non è possibile consultare testi e/o appunti|
|25/09/2020||09:00||GENOVA||Orale||Non è possibile consultare testi e/o appunti|