BASIC LABORATORY TECHNIQUES
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the integrated course the student faces and acquires notions that allow him to know the emergency laboratory, its clinical importance, the timeliness of the results, the tests performed, the dosage methods, the forensic tests and the legal aspects of these tests. He also gains knowledge about the old dosage methods and tests for cardiac enzyme dosing, the clinical importance, speed and accuracy of new ultrasensitive methods for dosing these delicate tests. He learns about the use of immunosuppressive drugs and the importance of the role of the emergency laboratory in the dosage of these drugs.
Knowledge and acquisition of the organization of the transfusion service and of the blood bank, acquisition of the processing techniques and production of blood components of the first and second level, acquisition of biological validation systems of blood components; acquisition and knowledge of the tests for the quality control of blood components; acquisition and knowledge of the skills and responsibilities of the TBLS of the blood bank.
Knowledge of the different specialist branches of the laboratory. acquisition and knowledge of the organization of a laboratory and the phases that make up the analysis process of a sample; the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phase; errors in the laboratory; internal quality controls and EQS; introduction to spectrophotometry and the principles of colorimetric reactions; urinalysis; the evolution of health legislation and the main laws that govern it. Difference between ASL and healthcare company: organization, financing and management; I LEA, national and regional health plans, DRG, professional responsibility.
Acquisition of notions that allow to know the hematology laboratory, its clinical importance in the diagnostic process of some hematological pathologies, the timeliness of the results, the tests performed and the dosage methods. Acquires knowledge on the old dosage methods for the execution of the blood count compared with the new, faster, more accurate and more sensitive automated methods that allow, through the reading of the flags and of the cytograms, to verify the instrumental results with the reading to the MO blood smear. He also gains knowledge on some analytical techniques used for the diagnosis of pathological hemoglobins, other diagnostic techniques related to level I hemoglobinopathies screening, analytical techniques related to the diagnosis of other biological liquids analyzed in the hematology sector. During the process of analyzing blood counts and other hematological tests, the student acquires knowledge on the use of quality controls.
Medical Technical Sciences Dr.sa Eleonora Carlini (1 CFU)
- In vitro diagnostics: valuable information for clinical diagnosis Quality Control in in vitro hematological diagnostics
- Outline of blood pathophysiology
- Hematologic diagnostic techniques (COULTER, ADVIA, blood smear and standard coloring)
- Reactive modifications on blood cells
- Hemoglobin assets, Hemoglobinopathic diagnostic techniques
- Cephalorachidian fluid, cavity effusions and synovial fluid. Diagnostic techniques for cell counting
- V.E.S. , Diagnostic techniques
- Work out chemical and physical faeces, Diagnostic techniques
- Outlines Parasitological examination
Medical Technical Sciences Dr.sa Cristina Cusato (1 CFU)
• The emergency laboratory: description of an emergency laboratory. Tests carried out in the urgency laboratory and their importance. The principles of the methods. The Tat (response time). The organization of work.
• Coagulation: Description of analysis methods. The coagulometer, the normal values of the coagulation tests.
• Chain of custody: legal aspects and forensic value of the tests. Principles of alcohol testing methods and toxicological tests. Non-conformity and its importance.
• Immunosuppressive drugs: description of tests and principles of dosage methods. Clinical importance. Differences in use between the various immunosuppressants.
• Blood gas analysis: test description and principles of dosage methods.
• The blood gas analyzer. Principles of acid base balance. Poct (point of care).
• Cardiac enzymes: troponins and Bnp. Differences between new and old dosing methods and tests. Normal values and their clinical significance.
Medical Technical Sciences Dr. Sonia Schiavo (1 CFU)
• organization of the Transfusion Service and the blood bank;
• processing and production of I and II level blood components;
• quality control of blood components;
• biological validation;
• expertise of the Biomedical Laboratory Technician of the blood bank
Medical Technical Sciences Dr. Alessandra Signoretti (1 CFU):
• Introduction to analysis laboratories.
• The technological evolution in Laboratory Medicine;
• professional development of the Laboratory Technician;
• health legislation and corporateization;
• minimum structural and organizational requirements of a Laboratory;
• The analytical process in the Laboratory;
• Physical chemical examination of urine;
• Introduction to colorimetric reactions in clinical chemistry
• deontological, regulatory and professional aspects of the Biomedical Laboratory Technician
Clinical biochemistry and laboratory medicine, Authors: Marcello Ciacci, Giuseppe Lippi
ISBN 8879599585, 9788879599580- Edises, 2017 (mandatory purchase).
Immunohematology: Simti (Italian society of transfusion medicine and immunohaematology) Sistra / Cns (national blood center operating manuals of the various instruments national guidelines)
Ricevimento: On appointment DISC pathological university anatomy second floor traineeship coordinator's office firstname.lastname@example.org +390103537807
Ricevimento: By schedule or upon request Found at the U.O. of the SIT located at MOn.P.T. East-side email@example.com Sonia.firstname.lastname@example.org Mobiles:3335228164
SONIA SCHIAVO (President)
first year second semester
Students must demonstrate that they have acquired the basic knowledge of the laboratory techniques covered in the program
|15/06/2020||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||Disc- Aula De Toni II piano|
|27/07/2020||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||Disc- Aula De Toni II piano|
|25/09/2020||14:30||GENOVA||Orale||Disc- Aula De Toni II piano|