SHIP AGENCY AND MANAGEMENT
To provide basic knowledge and tools for the access to the sector of "Maritime transport auxiliaries" (Ship Agents, Ship Brokers, Ship Managers). The professional profile thus trained will be able to deal with the companies that daily face the changes in the activity of maritime-port logistics.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course aims to provide the basic knowledge as well as the essential tools for professional access to the maritime transport auxiliaries sector operating mainly, but not exclusively, in large port cities.
The topics covered in the course deal with:
- The ship and its needs: the maritime transport auxiliaries;
- The Ship Agent and the professional law 135/77, the agency agreement and the appointment;
- Tramp agencies: operations related to ship arrival and departure, vessel operation and the administrative management of calls;
- Liner agencies: their organization, the tasks performed and the documentation for carrying out the activity. The overview of the Italian market.
- The maritime broker and brokerage activity.
- Analysis of the different types of brokers: liquid cargo, dry cargo, yachting and sale & purchase.
- Ship availability: ship finance and the role of the broker.
- Ship management: crew management, technical management, safety and security management, commercial management (Case study: voyage estimating).
- The Manning Agent: the activities of selection, enrolment, management and training of crew.
Nuovo manuale dei traffici marittimi, A.A. V.V. a cura di Duci, Garzia, Tropia – Bozzi Editore;
Notes of the lessons supported by slides uploaded to Aulaweb.
GIAN ENZO DUCI (President)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.