Epidemiology is the science that aims to analyze the illnesses in the populations, with particular respect to the study of the conditions and their determinants.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course has the following objectives:
- providing knowledges to the basic epidemiology concepts;
- providing knowledges to apply the main measures used in epidemiology (frequency and association measures);
- providing knowledges to the basic concepts of demography and to know the technical of standardization;
- providing knowledges to know and to plan the main types of epidemiological studies (descriptive, cross-sectional, case-control, cohort studies);
- providing knowledges to the methodology of clinical trials;
-providing knowledges to the concepts and model of epidemiology monitoring with attention to the syndromic surveillance system;
- providing knowledges to understand the epidemiology relevance for health planning and to develop the critical abilities to evaluate the results of clinical and epidemiological studies.
- Definition and objectives of epidemiology;
- Frequency measures;
- Direct and indirect standardization;
- Prevalence and Incidence;
- Epidemiological studies: ecological studies and prevalence;
- Epidemiological studies: the case-control and cohort studies;
- Epidemiological surveillance and the management of an outbreak.
Lopalco P.L., Tozzi A.E.- "Epidemiologia facile." Il Pensiero Scientifico Editore
Ricevimento: Students will be received by telephone appointment.
The lessons will start in the second semester beginning from March 2017.
The examination test is formed by multiple-choice question and exercises.