AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The student must acquire the cognitive, methodological and behavioral tools, that will allow him / her to:
- carry out an adeguate comunication with the sick person, her/his family and other professional health figures;
- know the basic concepts related to the psycological dynamics with particular reference to institutional contexts;
- know the impact of the disease event on the cognitive and affective development of the child and his family.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
know the basic concepts related to an adeguate comunication with the sick person and her/his family
know the basic concepts related to the impact of the disease event on the cognitive and affective development of the child and his family
Lectures, focus group.
Hints of clinical psychology: definition, methods, application areas.
Care models: biomedical model and biopsychosocial model.
The clinical psycology in the healthcare sector: operator-patient relationship models
The relational dynamics in institutional contexts.
Psychological aspects of taking charge:
- The skills in the care relationship
- Knowledge of the interpersonal dynamics that exist between therapist and patient.
- Analysis of the experiences and emotions involved in the therapist - patient relationship; relationships of care and attachment.
- Problems and relational aspects posed by different "forms" of patient (young / elderly) and illness (acute / chronic)
- Taking charge and communication with family members
Psychological reactions to the disease
- Meaning of the disease for the individual
- Defense mechanisms
- "Coping" factors and factors that influence the "coping" and the social support
- Impact of hospitalization in children, adults and the elderly
Pediatric psychology: Notions on psychopathological comorbidity linked to pediatric disease conditions: psychic disorders - somatic symptoms disorders in DSM V - impact of chronic disease.
Righetti P.L. et al. – Psycology and Pediatrics. Tools for social-health professions. Franco Angeli Milano (2013)
RECOMMENDED SUPPLEMENTARY TEXTS:
Moja E.A., Vegni E.- The patient-centered medical examination. Raffaello Cortina Editore (2000)
Ricevimento: By appointment upon contact. firstname.lastname@example.org
MARIA ELENA CELLE (President)
MARIA MARGHERITA MANCARDI
CRISTINA VENTURINO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
Lectures, focus group.
Oral. In assigning the score the ability to learn, autonomy of judgment and communication skills will be taken into account.