Implantology is the branch of Dentistry that deals with the substitution of missing teeth with dental implants
Acquisition of the rudiments of dental implantology
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course the student must:
- know the classification of the various types of dental implant-supported prostheses
- know the basic characteristics of the various types of dental implants
- know the rudiments of the realization of fixed and removable prosthesis
- be able to clinically identify a dental prosthesis
- have acquired a proper terminology in order to be able to identify the various types of prostheses and their components and in order to describe the procedures required to realize a prosthesis with a suitable language
- History of dental implantology
- Treatment plan in dental implantology
- Macro- and micro-structure of dental implants
- Rudiments of restorative materials in implantology
- Risk factors in implantology
- Hygienic and dietetic protocols in implant prosthodontics
- Full-arch immediate loading: surgical and prosthetic protocols
Tealdo T, Bevilacqua M, Pera P. “Columbus Bridge Protocol” Quintessenza Ed. 2009
Ricevimento: On appointment firstname.lastname@example.org
SILVANO VALENTE (President)
PAOLO PERA (President)
Written exam with multiple-choice questions
Details of the preparation for the exam and of the level of in-depth study will be given during the lessons.
The exam will mainly regard the topics dealt with during the lessons and will evaluate not only the degree of knowledge but also if the student is able to recognize the various types of dental prostheses.
The student will also have to demonstrate to have the capacity to clearly describe a prosthodontic rehabilitation using the proper terminology.