EPIDEMIOLOGY OF THE DISEASES OF THE ELDERLY
The course provide theoretical and practical skills to apply adapted physical activity to the tertiary prevention of chronic-degenerative diseases with particular focus on elderly.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Epidemiology of most common diseases in elderly;
- Lifestyle and environmental factors affecting disease epidemiology in elderly;
- Critical analysis of tertiary prevention interventions;
- Pathogenic mechanisms of cardiovascular diseases;
- Functional mechanisms exploited by physical activity to prevent cardiovascular diseases and cancer;
- Specificity of tertiary prevention intervention by physical activity in the elderly;
- Practical application of physical prevention intervention in the elderly;
- Practical application of physical prevention intervention in cancer survivors;
Epidemiology of aging in the world.
Epidemiology of aging in Italy.
Population aging in Ligurian Region.
Epidemiology of overweight, obesity and physical activity in the elderly.
Epidemiology of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes; influence of physical activity.
Secondary and tertiary prevention of cardiovascular diseases by physical activity: modulation of pathogenic mechanisms.
The influence of genome on physical activity and performance.
Physical activity in patients affected by high blood pressure
Physical activity in tertiary cancer prevention.
Brandi et al., Igiene e Sanità Pubblica per Scienze Motorie, Delfino Ed
CARLO TROMPETTO (President)
SABRINA BENVENUTO (President)
LUIGI MOLFETTA (President)
ALBERTO IZZOTTI (President)
MATTEO FORMICA (President)
LUISA PERASSO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)