GENERAL AND APPLIED HYGIENE
The course provides theoretical and practical knowledge dealing the application of physical activity to the primary prevention of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Knowledge are given dealing the prevention of infective diseases bearing relevance for indoor and outdoor physical activities.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Having knowledge dealing the mechanisms triggered by physical activity to prevent cardiovascular diseases
- Having knowledge dealing the mechanisms triggered by physical activity to prevent cancer
- Be able to execute primary prevention intervention against cardiovascular diseases based on physical activity and lifestyle correction
- Be able to execute primary prevention intervention against cancer based on physical activity and lifestyle correction
- Having knowledge of main infective diseases bearing relevance for physical activity and their aspecific and specific prevention practice
- Atherosclerosis: epidemiology, risk factors, physical activity in primary prevention. Overweight and obesity.
- Cancer: epidemiology, risk factors, physical activity in primary prevention with particular reference to lung cancer, skin cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer.
- Hygiene of gym and place for indoor physical activities
- Airborne infective diseases: Flu, Tuberculosis, measles, rubella, mumps, Herpes diseases, Mononucleosis.
- Parenteral infective diseases: Hepatitis B, AIDS
- Wound prophylaxis, Tetanus
- Hygiene of swimming pools
Brandi et al., Igiene e Sanità Pubblica per Scienze Motorie, Delfino Ed
ALBERTO IZZOTTI (President)