READING TRAILS OF THE WORK OF ART
Artwork: reading paths
Teaching provides general information on the main methods of historical-artistic research over the centuries. This part will be carried out with a brief theoretical framing and the presentation of examples. The preferred course will be the perception of figurative language, proceeding from the way of reading the work in historiography of Renaissance and Baroque and reaching the applications on the sides of connoisseurship and stylistic analysis within the formalistic and philological tendencies matured in the context of criticism European twentieth century. In particular, the various reading modes will be addressed for the purpose of the recognition of authors, schools and cultural areas, from the use of the notebook to the photographic medium. Lastly, the phenomenon of exhibitions and historical exhibitions will be further explored as a tool for the definition of critical nodes and cognitive contributions and in relation to the evolution of taste between the eighties and the twentieth century, with particular regard to the city of Genoa.
1) Reference books
- La storia delle storie dell’arte, a cura di O. Rossi Pinelli, Torino, Einaudi, 2014.
- L’occhio del critico. La storia dell’arte in Italia da Cavalcaselle a Previtali, a cura di A. Masi, Firenze, Vallecchi, 2009.
- Roberto Longhi, Carlo Braccesco, a cura di S. Facchinetti, Parma, Ugo Guanda Editore, 2008.
- G. Previtali, La fortuna dei Primitivi dal Vasari ai Neoclassici, Torino, Einaudi, 1989.
3) The phenomenon of exhibitions
- F. Haskell, La nascita delle mostre. I dipinti degli antichi maestri e l’origine delle esposizioni d’arte, Milano, Skira, 2008.
- A.C. Cimoli, Musei effimeri. Allestimenti di mostre in Italia 1949-1963, Milano, Il Saggiatore, 2007.
- A. Leonardi, Arte antica in mostra. Rinascimento e Barocco genovesi negli anni di Orlando Grosso (1908-1948), Firenze, Edifir, 2016.
Ricevimento: Thursday, 10 am - 12 am (by mail to the following address: email@example.com) Balbi 4, V floor, Section Art
DANIELE SANGUINETI (President)
LAURO GIOVANNI MAGNANI
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
The exam will consist of an oral test aimed at assessing students’ learning of the contents tackled in lectures. The oral test will not only assess the texts proposed in the bibliography, students will also be asked to demonstrate their understanding of the different ‘pathways’ proposed (especially with the use of images). Students are therefore advised to attend lectures and take notes. Any students who cannot attend lectures must agree on a specific programme with teaching staff.