The course is dedicated to the study of business law under the perspective of contemporary innovation in breakthrough technologies.
The first part is dedicated to some key issues in the legal protection of innovation including the legal protection and exploitation of intellectual property: we will examine the regulation of some disruptive technologies in the field of biotechnology, bioinformatics and Big data.
The second part examines the fundamentals of Corporate Law with particular attention to the development of an innovative enterprise: limited liability, rights and obligation of key participants in corporate governance, corporate operations such as capital increase, shares transfers, shareholders’ withdrawal from the company, corporate spin offs. We will examine Venture capital agreements and equity crowdfunding, the drafting solutions of corporate bylaws and shareholder agreements designed to balance the interests of different stakeholders of the innovation process
Legal protection and exploitation of innovation
- From the idea to intellectual property
- Some borderline IPRs: secrets and data.
- The exploitation of IPRs: technology transfer agreements, IP strategies, information and non information platforms, transaction costs and patent poosl
- Regulation of certain fields of disruptive innovation: biotechnology, bioinformatics and Big data.
Enterprises and corporations
- The regulation of commercial enterprises.
- Key aspects of corporate governance
- Capital increase and shareholder withdrawals
- Transfer of shares and transfer of business
- Financing the innovative enterprise: venture capital angreements and equity crowdfunding.
- Corporate bylaws and shareholder agreements
Testi di riferimento: Campobasso, Manuale si diritto commerciale, sesta edizione, UTET 2015 (volume unico) limitatamente alle seguenti pagine: pp. 10-19, 49-58, 63-94, 118-134, 168-215, 233-293, 312-332, 342-355.
SIMONETTA RONCO (President)
I semestre dal 17 settembre al 7 dicembre 2018
II semestre dal 25 febbraio al 17 maggio 2019