INTERNAL MEDICINE WITH IMMUNOLOGY ELEMENTS
The integrated course includes lectures on topics of internal medicine, cardiology, respiratory, oncology, neurology, ophthalmology and audiology.
Illustrate aspects of the pathogenesis of diseases involving the various devices and specific diseases, highlighting the areas in which caregivers can give their input.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course aims to provide students with the basics of innate and adoptive immune responses to infectious agents, HIV infection and viral hepatitis.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to briefly describe the mechanisms of innate and adoptive immune responses to infectious agents, the main notions of the HIV virus and the most common hepatotropic viruses including their transmission modalities
The course consists of lectures.
The lessons of the Immunology program is as follows:
• Innate Immunity
• adoptive immunity
• HIV infection
• viral hepatitis
The program of Cardiology lessons is as follows:
• cardiovascular risk factors and primary prevention interventions aimed at their elimination
• secondary prevention of cardiovascular events in patients with asymptomatic cardiovascular disease
• secondary prevention of cardiovascular events in patients with symptomatic cardiovascular disease
• patients with advanced cardiovascular disease
• Tertiary prevention in cardiovascular care
• patient's rehabilitation undergoes heart surgery
The program of Respiratory Diseases lessons is as follows:
• Anatomy Outlines and respiratory physiology
• Respiratory Mechanics
• Diagnostic techniques in pulmonology
• Volumes and respiratory flows
• Spirometry simple and global
• spirometric abnormalities and their causes
• restrictive abnormalities, obstructive, mixed
• Nervous control of breathing
• alveolar gas exchanges and regulation of blood pH
• Arterial blood gas analysis and pulse oximetry
• Respiratory failure
• Diagnostic Imaging Brief
• pneumonia and bronchopneumonia
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
The lessons of the Audiology program is as follows:
• ear functions (auditory-vestibular)
• hearing loss-definition cofosi
• anatomical and functional organ of hearing subdivision
• hearing loss (including children), otorrhea, otalgia, tinnitus, vertigo
• introduction all'audiometria
• counseling nell'audioprotesi
• aids and accessories
• noise damage
The program of Neurology lessons is as follows:
• Main symptoms of neurological diseases
• Cerebrovascular Diseases
• Diseases of the peripheral nervous system
• Parkinson's disease and parkinsonian syndromes
The program of Oncology lessons is as follows:
• General Concepts of epidemiology, risk factors; principles of preventive medicine in oncology
• Experimentation of drugs: phases of experimentation;
• Cancer biomarkers
• Anticancer drugs. Main mechanisms of action, acute toxicity, sequelae, interactions with other drugs.
• General Principles of diagnosis, staging and treatment of cancer. integrated therapy concept
The lessons of Ophthalmology program is as follows:
• Anatomy of the eye and its appendages
• Diabetic retinopathy
• Age-related Macular Degeneration
The examination will focus on the topics covered in class. Each teacher can possibly recommend some texts if necessary.
Ricevimento: The student can contact the teacher by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DONATELLA PANATTO (President)
MATTEO PARDINI (President)
GIUSEPPE MURDACA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
The course consists of lectures.
Lessons will calendarizzate in the second half of the third year in matches from March.
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
Oral or alternatively writing.
Oral or written interview (questions with open-ended questions or quizzes).
No additional special activities are planned.