INDUSTRIAL LOGISTICS 1
The course deals with Logistics and aims providing the students with fundamentals and quantitative methods that drive design and management of logistics systems, both integrated and flexible, able to integrate physical and information flows for ensuring higher level product quality and customer service. This with reduction of response time and costs, together with appropriate operational and management flexibility.
Lectures, team works, individual exercises
1] Techniques and Methodologies: Definitions. Past and Current Situation of Logistics Major industrial classifications. Supply Chain Management. Integrated Supply Chain: sourcing, manufacturing, distribution, sales, after-sales, return logistics, Logistics Networks. Logistics in the different phases of product life cycle Cost Analysis. Costs survey and analysis. Outsourcing. Performance Measurement. Customer service as strategic factor, service and logistics, performance measurement, KPI, performed service and perceived service. Sales support and marketing, quantitative evaluations, product range, pre transactional factors, transactional, post-transactional, performed service performance measurement, perceived performance measurement, structure and analysis of survey questionnaire. Service and strategy. Service and total cost. Excellence. Cost-service matrix, characteristics of logistics oriented company. Forecasts & Inventory Management, inventory management, definition, inventory cycle and safety stock. Scale Economies, reordering and reorganization. Safety stocks, definitions and evaluation. Reduction of safety stocks, pooling inventory, customer aggregation, aggregation products, commonality, replacement, postponement, inventory costs, analysis of expected costs of stock outs, cross ABC analysis.
2] Internal Logistics: Transport Systems, Handling. Forklifts. Conveyors. Automated guided vehicle- AGV. Storage Systems. Warehouses, indicators. Storage and warehouses: modes and types. Warehouse Design criteria. Automated information flow. Intensive Automated warehouses. Stackers for Warehouses.
3] Distribution: Activities Flows. Transportations as a key factor. Intermodal transportations. Evolved scenarios of freight and logistics. Production Information Flow for Integrated Logistics. Planning and control. Material requirements planning and Just In Time. Spare systems: models
- Web: http://st.itim.unige.it/cs
- Web: st.itim.unige.it/cs/logistics/program.htm
- Bruzzone A.G. (2002) "Logistica Industriale: Lucidi", DIP Technical Report, University of Genoa, Genova, Italy
- Ayers J.B. (2001) "Handbook of Supply Chain Management", CRC Press Boca Raton, USA
- Chopra, S., Meindl, P., (2001), "Supply chain management", Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
- Christopher, M., (1998), Logistics and Supply Chain management", Prentice and Hall, London
- Pareschi A., Persona A., Ferrari E., Regattieri A. (2002) "Logistica Integrata e Flessibile", Esculapio, Leonardo
- Shapiro J.F. (2001) "Modeling the Supply Chain", Buxbury, Pacific Grove, CA
- Stern C.W., Stalk G. (1998) "Perspective on Strategy", John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ
- Bruzzone A.G., Mosca R., Revetria R. (2001). "Gestione Integrata di Sistemi Produttivi Interagenti: Metodi Quantitativi Avanzati per la Quick Response", DIP Genova, Italy, ISBN: 88-900732-0-9
- Bronson R., Naadimuthu G. (1997) "Operations Research", McGraw Hill, NYC
- Gousty Yvon (1997) "Le Genie Industriel", Presse Universitaire Paris
- Hill David (1996) "Object-Oriented Simulation", Addison Wesley, Reading MA
- Monks J., (1996) "Operation Management", McGraw Hill, NYC
- Montgomery D.C. (2000) "Design and Analysis of Experiments", John Wiley & Sons, New York
- Spiegel M.R., Schiller L.J.(1999) " Statistics", McGraw Hill, NYC
- Ohno T., (1978) "Toyota Production System", Diamond, Tokio
Ricevimento: It follows lectures schedule (right before/after). For any special need or request, please contact Prof. Agostino Bruzzone at email@example.com. Additional contact: Marina Massei email: firstname.lastname@example.org ph.: +39 019 219 45251
AGOSTINO BRUZZONE (President)
Lectures, team works, individual exercises
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
The examination will be performed both in written and oral. Students will be also evaluated on exercises carried out during the classes.
Oral and in written
Pre-requisites: the course provides all the fundamentals, however knowledge of business management, plants engineering, operational and research management can be of help.