AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The goal is to make students familiar with the basic notions of physics, and to teach them how to solve elementary physics problems useful for other courses.
- Summary of vector calculus and kinematics
- Mechanics of solids: principles of dynamics, forces, work, power, energy, mechanical energy conservation, quantity of motion, collisions
- Mechanics of fluids: statics, ideal and real fluids dynamics, surface phenomena
- Electromagnetism: electric charge, Coulomb's law, electric field and potential, capacitors, electric current, resistors, simple circuits, magnetic field, electromagnetic induction
- Electromagnetic waves: general properties
- Optics: geometric optics (Snell's laws, thin lens equation), introduction to physical optics
- Thermodynamics: calorimetry (thermometers, heat quantity, heat capacity and specific heat, phase transitions), thermodynamic variables, ideal gas law, internal energy and first thermodynamics law, thermal machines, entropy, second thermodynamics law, thermodynamic potentials.
- D.C. Giancoli, Fisica, CEA, Milano
- J.S. Walker, Fondamenti di Fisica, Zanichelli, Bologna
- F. Borsa, A. Lascialfari, Principi di Fisica per indirizzo biomedico e farmaceutico, EdiSES, Napoli
- M. Celasco, D. Panzieri, 2000 problemi di Fisica, ECIG, Genova
Ricevimento: On request
ORNELLA CAVALLERI (President)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
The exam consists in a written examination (problem solving), compulsory for all the students.
If the written exam mark is <13/30, the student will have to repeat the exam, but not before 28 days. The written exam is followed by an oral examination, optional for students who obtained a mark ≥ 18/30 in the written test. The oral examination is compulsory for students who got a mark lower than 18/30.
The written exam (duration 120 minutes) consists in problem solving: students are allowed to use notes printed from Aulaweb. The oral exam, with an average duration of 30 minutes, focuses on the discussion of the written exam and on the program content. Correction of the written test, together with the oral exam, allows the teachers to judge the achievement of the learning outcomes. When these goals are not achieved, the student is invited to deepen the study and to exploitt further explanations by the teacher.