GENERAL AND SPECIALIZED PEDIATRICS
Presentation of key figures of the growth and development of the child, along with major pediatric diseases
Knowing the clinical and therapeutic basis of main diseases of children and adolescents and growth disturbances, as well as the reflections on the apparatus Odonto-stomatognatic of pediatric pathology. Acquire a preparation that allows it to work in the child based on the pathophysiological characteristics of the pediatric age, up to adolescence.
- Recognize and classify the major congenital malformations, malformative syndromes and chromosomal illnesses. Identify environmental, external or intrauterine factors that may contribute to the event of malformations.
- Harmonic and disarmonic growth deficits and delays, hypopituitarism and hypothyroidism
- The child with recurrent infections and respiratory illness (pharyngotonsillitis, laryngotracheo-bronchitis, bronchial asthma)
- The child with vomiting and diarrhea (gastro-esophageal reflux, acute diarrhea, celiac disease, food allergies, chronic bowel inflammatory diseases); acute appendicitis, peritonitis.
- Recognize diabetes in pediatric age; Identify and illustrate the preventive and social aspects of diabetes in pediatric age
- Describe the evolutive characteristics of osteoarticular diseases and inflammatory diseases (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, acute joint rheumatism).
- The anemic and / or hemorrhagic baby (lactating anemia, sideropenic anemia, hemolytic anemia, acute lymphatic leukemia, thrombocytopenia, hemophilia)
- Hematuria (acute postinfective glomerulonephritis, notes on other glomerulopathies, urinary tract infections, reflux nephropathy)
- Describe, detect and interpret psychomotor, cognitive and relational development and identify early signs of mental retardation and cerebral palsy. Recognize the disorders of consciousness and convulsive states of early life. Classify pediatric epilepsy. Recognize and classify neuromuscolar disorders (Duchenne, Becker, spinal muscolar atrophy). Recognize the characteristics of endocranial hypertension.
- Identify the caloric and nutritional needs at different ages, the peculiarities of various dietary products for childhood, and the stages of the baby's eating habits. Obesity and leanness. Indicate the main alterations in Ca-P metabolism in infancy,
- Describe the general principles of pediatric pharmacology. Identify the disadvantages and contraindications for the use of pediatric medicines. Pediatric Emergency Principles (Presence to Keep, Shock Management, Heart Failure, Respiratory, Seizures, etc.). Cranial trauma and polytraumatism in the baby. Specific types or patterns of damage that suggest maltreatment
Lesson slides - handouts
SIMONE FERRERO (President)