PUBLIC HEALTH 1: EPIDEMIOLOGY AND PREVENTION OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES
Epidemiology is the science that aims to analyze the illnesses in the populations, with particular respect to the study of the conditions and their determinants.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course has the following objectives:
- Providing knowledges about the concept of reservoir and source of infection;
- Providing knowledges about the principal transmission routs of the infectious illnesses.
- Providing knowledges about the principal epidemiological techniques to study the diffusion of the illnesses and the health status of the population;
- Providing knowledges on the principal strategies of prevention of the infectious illnesses with attention to the use of vaccines, of the passive immunoprophylaxis and chemoprophylaxis;
- Providing knowledges about the health and safety in the environments of life and job, with attention to the guidelines for the prevention of the healthcare-related infections.
- Definition and objectives of the hygiene and the preventive medicine;
- Objectives and methods of the prevention;
- Epidemiology of the infectious illnesses: transmission routes, favoring conditions;
- Prevention of the infectious illnesses: notification, isolation, sterilization, disinfestation and antisepsis, hand hygiene of the health care workers, personal protective equipment;
- Prevention of the infectious illnesses: active immunoprophylaxis (classification and evaluation of the vaccines, side effects and precautions, the vaccination schedules.
- Barbuti S, Fara GM, Giammanco G. Igiene e medicina preventiva [5ed.], Monduzzi Editore
- Eudes Lanciotti. Igiene Medicina sociale e di comunità. McGraw-Hill Editore
- Principi di Malattie infettive (Calza L. – Società editrice Esculapio)
- Epidemiologia e valutazione degli interventi sanitari (Attena F. – Piccin Editore)
- Sorveglianza e prevenzione delle malattie infettive e diffusive. Linee guida (Triassi M., Gigli L., Palombino R. – Cuzzolin Editore)
Ricevimento: Students will be received by telephone appointment.
DANIELA AMICIZIA (President)
The lessons will start in the second semester from March 2017.
Test with open questions.