The aim of the course is to provide students with knowledge and understanding of key features of the Internet and Web evolution, specifically Semantic Web.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
This course will present the Internet infrastructure and will describe new paradigms such as the Internet of Things and Cloud Computing. The course will then focus on the Semantic Web and on related formalisms for knowledge representation, with exercises and description of application scenarios.
Internet infrastructure: key concepts about TCP/IP model, next generation internet, mobile internet and Internet of Things. Cloud Computing: SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). Web Evolution: Social and Semantic Web, Linked Data, Semantic Web of Things, markups for structured data.
- Learning content, including slides and exercises, are available on aulaweb
- J. F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross. Reti di calcolatori e internet 6/Ed. Un approccio top-down, 2013
- Di Noia, De Virgilio, Di Sciascio, M. Donini. Semantic Web. Tra ontologie e open data, Apogeo, 2013
Office hours: Office hours: after lesson time, alternatively, by appointment via email e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – tel. 010.3532818
ILARIA TORRE (President)
GIANNI VIARDO VERCELLI
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
At the end of the course, students will be skilled about Internet infrastructure and new trends, and should have abilities to build and query an ontology and to annotate web contents by using structured data markups (Microformats, Microdata, RDFa, JSON-LD).
- Quiz (required for the oral assessment),
- oral assessment,
- development and discussion of a project