2 credits during the 3nd year of 8762 Biological Sciences (L-13) GENOVA
2 credits during the 2nd year of 8762 Biological Sciences (L-13) GENOVA
This course aims to teach scientists and nature conservationists about the design, development and promotion of scientific content in formal and informal contexts, with the use of various means of communication and for the preparation of scientific events.
The course will provide the basic elements for an adequate dissemination and interpretation of scientific studies and natural sciences. The course will have a specific focus on activities and communication strategies to share academic notions and research with a broad audience in an accessible and easily understandable way. Several cases studies of dissemination will be described and the lessons will be interactive, practical and will involve the participation of experts and the help of different communication outlets.
- Classroom seminars
- Communication strategies and methods of dissemination in the naturalistic field.
- Effective and engaging Power Point presentations
- Photography, video, graphics and press reports.
- Language for the preparation of promotional and promotional texts.
- How to write a press release
- How to deal with journalists and press agencies.
- Television language and nature
- Hiking and environmental guides
- Targeted digital promotion, social networks and Internet communication.
- Organization of exhibitions, conferences, congresses and workshops in the scientific and naturalistic fields.
- Group work on topics of contingent interest and exercises
- Public speaking and communication techniques
- The role of language in scientific training
- Structure of the communication process, communication barriers
Main areas and interests
Activities related to environmental guides with particular attention to protected areas.
Design and set up of naturalistic exhibitions, organization of educational activities in schools and dissemination in museums.
Environmental dissemination activities for NGO, public administrations and private companies.
Scientific journalism on the theme of nature and environment conservation
Ricevimento: Upon request
MARIASOLE BIANCO (President)
RICCARDO CATTANEO VIETTI
- Classroom seminars
A written test consisting of an individual project (article, presentation or informative brochure) on a topic agreed upon with the professor, which simulates a brief informal / formal teaching screenplay or a dissemination activity. This will be followed by and oral dissertation consisting in a discussion about the individual project and a brief interview on the topics covered
Verification conducted by a Commission made up of the professor of the course and at least one other Commissioner, Lecturer or subject matter lecturer. The Commission verifies the achievement of the educational objectives of the course.