Prosthodontics is the branch of Dentistry that deals with the restoration of compromised teeth and with the substitution of missing teeth in partially or totally edentulous patients.
Acquisition of the rudiments of Prosthodontics (fixed and removable, partial and total denture).
LEARNING OUTCOMES (FURTHER INFO)
At the end of the course the student must:
- know in depth the classification of the various types of dental prostheses
- know the rudiments of the realization of fixed and removable prosthesis
- be able to clinically identify a dental prosthesis
- have acquired a proper terminology in order to be able to identify the various types of prostheses and their components and in order to describe the procedures required to realize a prosthesis with a suitable language
- Classification of the various types of prosthodontic rehabilitations
- Anatomic and functional consequences of edentulism
- Diagnosis and treatment plan in fixed and removable prosthodontics
- Jaw relation record procedures: vertical dimension of occlusion and maxilla-mandibular relationship in the horizontal plane
- Principles of teeth arrangement: esthetic and phonetic considerations
- Principles of the realization of fixed and removable dentures
- Principles of restorative dental materials used in prosthodontics
Preti G. Riabilitazione Protesica. UTET
Ricevimento: On appointment email@example.com
PAOLO PERA (President)
MARIA MENINI (President)
VINCENZO DEL BUONO
Written exam with multiple-choice questions
Details of the preparation for the exam and of the level of in-depth study will be given during the lessons.
The interview will mainly regard the topics dealt with during the lessons and will evaluate not only the degree of knowledge but also if the student is able to recognize the various types of dental prostheses.
The student will also have to demonstrate to have the capacity to clearly describe a prosthodontic rehabilitation using the proper terminology.